Marco Polo offers the original purchaser a one year limited warranty on the Patio Furniture Cushions, covering any manufacturing defects for one year from date of purchase. Fabric warranties are extended from the manufacturer and will have anywhere from 2 to 5 year warranties against more than a 10% fade in that time frame.
Marco Polo provides the original purchaser a three year limited residential warranty and/or a one year commercial use warranty on the frame of our resin wicker patio furniture if it fails structurally during normal usage. The resin is warranted against fading or cracking for three years from the date of purchase. This warranty applies against commercial or residential usage while following proper care, maintenance and storage procedures. This limited warranty is non-transferable.
Resinwood / Polystyrene (PS) Slats
Our resinwood products are virtually maintenance free due to the fact that they have exceptional resistance to fading, moisture, insects, splintering, and other common outcomes from environmental stress that one observes with treated lumber or wood fiber composite products.
Care and Maintenance
Washing regularly the top with soap and water to remove dirt and debris. Do not leave empty glasses on Durawood surfaces under direct sunlight. Doing so may cause sun damage to the surface. Resinwood is made with polystyrene and due to its unique nature, severe and direct sunlight may cause sun damage.
Marco Polo products use all aluminum frames that are welded with aluminum bead. This alleviates the common issue with lower cost furniture where the frames are steel or aluminum with steel welds - they rust in a short period of time and can stain your deck or in the worst case become unusable/unsafe. Our product has a longer lifetime because of this. Aluminum is very light and even the largest chairs can be moved by one person. We used a minimum wall of 1.5 mm and only use commercial grade aluminum.
Umbrellas and bases
Umbrella Frame and Finish, Umbrella Canopy and Concrete Umbrella Bases one year limited warranty from the date of purchase during normal usage.
Warranty Exceptions, Remedies and Exclusivity
Not covered by warranties above:
This Limited Warranty Does Not Cover:
* Acts of nature (such as wind, freezing - including splitting and breakage from water accumulation in tubing),
* Vandalism, Fire, Abuse, or damage of any kind
* Animal damage
* Normal wear & tear including scratches and chips or exposure to harsh chemicals or solvents
* Wicker breakage due to scratches or excessive friction, glass breakage, and rust on steel
* Fading and wearing of hand-applied finishes as well as slight variations in color and texture of aluminum
* finishes and minor variations in wicker fibers
* Fading, staining, pilling, wear, and mildewing of fabrics and compression of cushion fillings.
* Alterations and/or modifications
* Burn marks including, but not limited to, those resulting from sunlight passing through the glass filled with
* liquid which can at certain times act as a magnifying lens
* Damages due to improper assembly or handling
* Clearance, discounted “as is” and damaged items
* Variations of materials; dye lots, environment marks, scars, bites, rubs, wrinkles, stretch marks, pattern markings, and minor irregularities in color, surface, grain & texture
* Use of alcohol, lacquer thinner, acetone, mineral spirits, or any alcohol-based cleaning products.
* Use of glass products for seating or standing, in addition to other non-wear and tear uses.
* Chipping of finishes due to impacts
* Installation issues arising from drilling, over-tightening of screws, improper storage, and improper transport/handling. Warranty does not cover mishandling by third party transport - please consult with your carrier in these cases.
Not considered defects:
* Colour variations caused by lighting angles and markings displayed on fabric such as velvets and silks.
* Leather or leather emulating fabrics stretching, oil absorption, patina development, color/grain variations, wrinkles, and scratches. As a natural or natural emulating material each piece is uniquely enhanced by these characteristics.
* Small air bubbles, surface waviness or light pitting on glass and mirror materials.
* Minor differences between your furniture and samples, printed materials, and video or internet displays.
Marco Polo will, at our discretion, repair or replace the frame without charge; parts and labor included. A replacement will be in the original color and style whenever possible; however, equal value replacement will be offered in the event of product or color discontinuance. A replacement will be for the damaged item only. During the first year after purchase, Marco Polo will pay all the freight costs to send the replacement to the dealer. This does not include installation charges. After the first year of purchase, Marco Polo will not be liable for any freight costs.
The warranties above are exclusive and in lieu of all other warranties and remedies: oral, written, expressed, or implied. Marco Polo will not be liable for any loss of use of the product, inconvenience or damages of any character, whether direct, special, incidental or consequential arising from the use or inability to use this product, or arising out of any breach of warranty, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Nor shall Marco Polo be responsible for any amount over the value of the replacement of the furniture.